The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation Funding Guidelines
Grants from The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation (ETAF) are made based on the periodic review of the grant requests. Requests that are selected for possible funding are those that are deemed by the Officers to be in keeping with Ms. Taylor’s wishes to be the most appropriate use of the Foundation’s funds at the particular time that grants are made.
Please review the grants policy below before applying.
- Grant funding is by invitation only. The online application process is sent separately to organizations who are invited to apply.
- Grant funds are for one year only.
- ETAF does not generally fund multi-year proposals.
- Only one application per organization per year.
- Agencies must have at least 3 years experience in delivering HIV/AIDS programs.
- It is suggested that grant funding requests range from $10,000-$25,000.
- In order to be considered for funding, all applicants must comply with ETAF application instructions, complete forms and supply requested documents.
The Foundation does not fund:
- Projects which are not HIV/AIDS specific.
- Salaries and benefits (except for direct program staff).
- Intermediary, “pass-through” non-profit entities for subsequent granting.
- Capital Campaign requests (including the construction or renovation of buildings and the purchase of depreciable assets).
- Start-up costs and organizations which are not incorporated and established for public benefit and charitable purposes.
- Direct financial assistance to individuals.
- For-profit entities.
- Annual campaigns.
- Universities and government agencies.
- Fundraising activities/events.
General operating expenses/indirect costs/administrative cost should not exceed 20% of the request.