The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation Funding Guidelines
Grants from The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation (ETAF) are made based on the periodic review of the grant requests. Requests that are selected for possible funding are those that are deemed by the Trustees to be in keeping with Ms. Taylor’s wishes to be the most appropriate use of the Foundation’s funds at the particular time that grants are made.
Please review the grants policy below before applying.
- Grant funds are for one year only.
- ETAF does not generally fund grantees in consecutive years.
- Only one application per organization per year.
- Agencies must have at least 3 years experience in delivering HIV/AIDS programs.
- Online trainings, curriculum development and website projects will be secondary focus for funding considerations.
- Grants request amounts generally should not exceed $25,000 – the Foundation prefers request for less than the maximum.
- In order to be considered for funding, all applicants must comply with ETAF application instructions, complete forms and supply requested documents.
The Foundation does not fund:
- Projects which are not HIV/AIDS specific
- Salaries and benefits (except for direct program staff)
- Intermediary, “pass-through” non-profit entities for subsequent granting
- Capital Campaign requests (including the construction or renovation of buildings and the purchase of depreciable assets)
- Start-up costs and organizations which are not incorporated and established for public benefit and charitable purposes
- Direct financial assistance to individuals
- For-profit entities
- Annual campaigns
- Universities, Hospitals and government agencies
- Costs of producing films, videos, theatrical productions, art exhibits or books
- Fundraising activities/events
- Conference expenses
- General operating expenses/indirect costs/administrative cost