Apply For A Grant
The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation Funding Guidelines
Grants from The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation (ETAF) are made based on the periodic review of the grant requests. Requests that are selected for possible funding are those that are deemed by the Trustees to be in keeping with Ms. Taylor’s wishes to be the most appropriate use of the Foundation’s funds at the particular time that grants are made.
Please review the grants policy below before applying.
- Grant funds are for one year only.
- ETAF does not generally fund grantees in consecutive years.
- Only one application per organization per year.
- Agencies must have at least 3 years experience in delivering HIV/AIDS programs.
- Grants request amounts generally should not exceed $25,000 – the Foundation prefers request for less than the maximum.
- In order to be considered for funding, all applicants must comply with ETAF application instructions, complete forms and supply requested documents.
The Foundation does not fund:
- Projects which are not HIV/AIDS specific
- Salaries and benefits (except for direct program staff)
- Intermediary, “pass-through” non-profit entities for subsequent granting
- Capital Campaign requests (including the construction or renovation of buildings and the purchase of depreciable assets)
- Biomedical research
- Start-up costs and organizations which are not incorporated and established for public benefit and charitable purposes
- Direct financial assistance to individuals
- For-profit entities
- Annual campaigns
- Universities and government agencies
- Costs of producing films, videos, theatrical productions, art exhibits or books
- Conference expenses
- General operating expenses/indirect costs/administrative cost
Applicants may email the Grants Director at LelaHung@etaf.org to request a copy of the application guidelines or to discuss a particular proposal if they are uncertain as whether it falls within the guidelines.
Deadline Dates for 2016
U.S. 501(c)3 agencies
March 11, 2016
Prevention and advocacy programs only
U.S. 501(c)3 agencies
July 8, 2016
Direct services programs only
Completed applications or inquiries should be mailed to:
The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation
269 S. Beverly Dr., Suite 147
Beverly Hills, CA 90212