Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation
Grants from The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation are made based on the periodic review of the grant requests. Requests that are selected for possible funding are those that are deemed by the review committee in keeping with Miss Taylor’s wishes to be the most appropriate use of the Foundation’s funds at the particular time that grants are made.
If you would like to submit a grant request, please include the following information with your request:
- A statement of need (include a brief discussion of the availability of the other internal and external resources to meet the need.) One page maximum.
- A description of the program you wish to fund. One page maximum.
- A description of the scope of the work, timelines, and descriptions of individuals responsible for completion. Two pages maximum.
- A description of the organization’s ability to carry out the program, including a brief history of the organization’s successes. One page maximum.
- A line-item budget for the program. One page maximum.
- Two letters of reference/support from cooperating AIDS service organizations and two letters of reference from government funding agencies.
- Proof of incorporation as a public benefit corporation (501)(c)(3) in the United States (governmental registration if international).
- Audited financial statements for the previous fiscal year.
- A list of members of your organization’s Board of Directors.
- A list of foundation and corporate grants in the past twelve months.
- Requests should be written in English. One copy is sufficient.
- A cover letter with email and physical address contact information.
If additional information is needed, you will be contacted.
The Foundation does not fund:
- Projects which are not HIV/AIDS specific;
- Salaries and benefits;
- Administrative expenses;
- Intermediary, “pass-through” non-profit entities for subsequent granting;
- Capital campaign requests (including the construction or renovation of buildings and the purchase of depreciable assets);
- Biomedical research;
- Start-up costs and organizations which are not incorporated and established for public benefit, charitable purposes;
- Direct financial assistance to individuals;
- For-profit entities:
- Costs of producing films, videos, theatrical productions, art exhibits, or books;
- Universities and governmental agencies;
- Conference expenses.
Completed applications or inquiries should be mailed to:
The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation
269 S. Beverly Dr., Suite 147
Beverly Hills, CA 90212